TCTiSe (Text Compressed Times Series) - an open format for storing compressed any time series.
The main advantages are:
- clear and simple internal structure
- easy implementation of code for client applications through the use of freeware algorithms compression of text strings
- High compression of original serieses (higher than SEED, CSS, WIN (Datamark), gcf (Guralp))
- scalability due to the specialized units
- Data block length is defined based on the time criterion
TCTiSe perfect for storage of geophysical observations (such as seismic, acoustic, etc.)